Happy 9th Anniversary Toro! Not only are Chefs/Owners Ken Oringer and Jamie Bissonette celebrating 9 fabulous years with a party a cocktail party and special Bully Boy cocktails (available for purchase), but they’re inviting you to the party tonight, Thursday, December 4th. In addition, coming North for the celebration is Kentucky chef Edward Lee.
This evening, Chef Edward Lee will be serving up an amazing celebration dinner (available a la carte) and delectable small bites for the party (complimentary). Edward Lee is the author of the cookbook Smoke and Pickles: Recipes and Stories from a New Southern Kitchen (which just happens to be on my Chanukah wish list after reluctantly returning a copy to the library).
On the menu, for dinner service, Chef Edward Lee will be preparing a few special items available à la carte.
- Warmed Oysters with Bourbon Brown Butter with Lime Zest and Cilantro
- Veal Sweetbreads with Creamy Grits, Red Eye Gravy & Braised Mustard Seeds
- Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Fennel, Pickled Grapes, Country Ham & Pumpkin
For the After party, complimentary passed hors d’oeuvres that Chef Lee will be serving include an amazing selection of:
- Brown Butter Oysters
- Veal Sweetbreads with Grits
- Pork Belly, Okinawan Potatoes (purple sweet potatoes), Olive tapenade, Red Miso
- Adobo Fried Chicken
- Black Bean Oxtail and Octopus
- Green Tea Beignets
Toro is located at 1704 Washington St., Boston. Reservations can be made at (617) 536-4300. A la carte dinner service is from 5:30 to 10:00 p.m. and the cocktail party begins after 10 p.m.