(Sponsored by Xfinity) –This weekend, we dropped a cell phone in the snow. My daughter and I trekked back out and retraced our steps. The snow blowing everywhere made it hard to see and I didn’t have much hope of finding anything. After searching a while, we gave up and came back in. A while later, my husband asked if we had used the “find my phone” app. Why hadn’t that crossed my mind? Would it really work?
It should have crossed my mind and it did work. New apps are popping up every day. Some fun and others functional. Another app I find myself using often is our Xfinity connect app. It is great for checking phone messages on the go and seeing the call log. Xfinity has many apps that benefit their clients.
One of my big pet peeves is late fees. It’s like throwing money out a window. I misplace a bill that came in the mail, or I say I’m going to pay it in the morning but then school calls a snow day and I get distracted. With the Xfinity My Account app you can view and pay bills from the app directly. That means bill paying when you are standing in line at the grocery store or sitting outside the lego robotics class waiting for your daughter to get out of class.
Xfinity understands that apps are not everyone’s cup of tea so they have also hired plenty of living, breathing, speaking humans to help you over the phone or in person at a store.
Here are just a few things you can do with the app.
- Request a time for a Comcast representative to call you back.
- Monitor a technician’s arrival time for scheduled appointments.
- Restart a modem or cable box, perform a system refresh, pair a remote or troubleshoot solutions.
- Check your appointment time and reschedule appointments.
- View and pay your bill or check payment status.
- Find out if there’s an outage in your area and when things should get back to normal.
- View, change and share your Wi-Fi network name and password.
- Get notifications of scheduled maintenance that may impact performance of your services up to three days in advance.
- Make a one-time payment on their XFINITY account or set up autopay.
In addition to the app, you can now use your voice remote to ask questions or make comments and get a reply. Say things like “I’m confused about my bill” and be directed quickly to the right agent with less waiting. You can even ask for dictionary definitions. The future really is at our fingertips.
Compensation disclosure: This post is sponsored by Xfinity and a gift card was sent as payment for my review.