Matzoh had always been square my whole life. Then recently, Israeli matzoh appeared in the markets that were round, and now thanks to Manischewitz there is triangle matzoh and mini matzoh too. I was recently sent some matzoh kids for review. Manischewitz has some new options for Passover this year. There are the oh so adorable mini matzoh boxes, the s’more kit and the matzoh pizza kit.
My daughter and I love matzoh. My son loves pizza and is ambivalent about matzoh. Yesterday, I played with the Manischewitz kits and added a little of my own twist. The leftovers were all gobbled up when the kids came home from school.
The Pizza Kit
I don’t usually like any extra sweetness in my tomato sauce and neither do the kids so I set the sauce aside.
- Turn on the oven broiler to heat the oven a little.
- Cut a garlic clove in half.
- Lay out the matzoh triangles in a semicircle on a baking sheet. Rub the matzoh with the cut side of the garlic clove.
- Slice some fresh mozzarella and a tomato.
- Layer the mozzarella and tomato over the matzoh triangles. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place under broiler just until the cheese melts.
- Drizzle with olive oil and dig in!
S’mores are one of the kids’ favourite treats. The mini matzohs make an ok base for s’mores but I wanted to get them closer to a graham cracker.
- Melt 1 TBSP of butter. Brush the butter on the matzoh and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Continue with enough mini matzohs so everyone has two.
- Follow the box directions: place a chocolate square on the sugared matzoh, microwave (carefully) or roast the marshmallow the old fashioned way, top with another sugared matzoh and enjoy.
I have found these kits locally at Stop & Shop and will be popping by to pick up a few more.