Cucumber quick pickles & Crunchy Veg.:
- 1 bag of bean sprouts
- 1 bag of julienned or shredded carrots or 3-4 large carrots
- 1 large English cucumber or 4-5 smaller Armenian or Chinese cucumbers.
- 1/3 cup of rice vinegar (also know as rice wine vinegar)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3 TBSP of white granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. of Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
Combine the water, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until all the sugar has dissolved. Set the brine aside to cool in a bowl.
Wash the cucumbers and if you like peel some of the skin off the cucumbers. I like to leave half on so I just peel strips around the cucumber. Slice the English cucumber in half and thinly slice across so you have lots of little 1/2 moons. If you are using the smaller cucumbers you can leave them as full circles.
If you are making lettuce wraps then you’ll also want to prep some carrots and bean sprouts. If you are using bagged carrots then simply open the bag and toss them in a pretty bowl and do the same with the bean sprouts. If you are cutting your own carrots, then just wash or wash and peal the carrots. Using a mandolin, julienne the carrots (but not your fingers.)