I just had my last Thanksgiving leftover sandwich (for breakfast)…oh and I forgot my tea. brb… Got it. I don’t know the last time I have completed something from beginning to end. It’s just my life at this point, but the problem now is that I’m forgetting things. I’m tired. I’m stressed. I’m depressed. It’s nothing major, it’s just a lot at once and the only solution is to slow down the train.
- First I make some lists. (Then I lose the list – true story!)
- Then I freak out because now I’m losing time looking for the list.
- Instead of freaking out. I am trying to prioritize.
- Okay the list is lost. I’ll work on something else and find it later.
- Nothing really matters about the holidays except for family right?
- But family isn’t all fun and games either.
- The older we get the worse it seems to get.
- But then you remember that your family is alive, safe and healthy.
- and you go from there.
- You’re not at the point in your life when you get the whole cookie anymore.
- You get crumbs.
- Crumbs are good if you know that they are yours.
- Then you savour them.
- Savour the crumbs this holiday season.
Oh and if you have the ingredients ($, $$, $$$, $$$$) then give a little. Today is #GivingTuesday on twitter. Everyone has something to give. If you need helping giving to a good cause browse Charity Navigator to know where you money is going.
(And by the way..when I went to get my now cold tea -I like it that way- I found my missing list.)