This all-in-one Super Bowl Bite stays hot in the cast iron pan and only takes a little prep. I used Willow Tree Farm buffalo chicken dip in this version but you can also make it with the chicken Ceasar dip. I suggest serving one of the dips on the potato skillet and the other just heated with a nice pile of corn chips to dip into it.
- 1 lb of new potatoes
- 3 tsp of vegetable oil, I use Grapeseed oil
- 1/2-2/3 container of Willow Tree Farm Buffalo Style Chicken Dip
- 2 TBSP sour cream
- optional garnish: chopped chives, sliced scallions, pickles jalapeños
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the washed potatoes whole for about 20 minutes until tender when pierced with a knife.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool. (This can be done the day before and refrigerated overnight.)
- In a cast iron pan, heat the oil over low heat.
- Slice the potatoes in 1/2 and put the cut side down into the hot oil. Fill the pan with all the potatoes edge to edge.
- Turn the heat to medium high and cook the potatoes until golden and crispy.
- Take the skillet off the heat and flip all the potatoes with the crispy side now facing up.
- Spoon some of the Buffalo chicken dip over the potatoes. Place the skillet under the broiler for 6-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with a spoonful of sour cream and a choice of scallions, chives, jalapeños.